100 most common questions and their answers
after one year on the road
On July 18th of 2016 we boarded a plane to follow our VW van to Seattle.
That’s where this journey started more than one year ago.
We’re extremely grateful for everything this past year has taught us –
and happy to share a part of it with you in this eBook.
The eBook contains:
– Real questions and honest answers
– Lots of anecdotes
– Lovely illustrations
– Five chapters
– 44 pages
ALL the questions we answer:
1. Who are you?
2. How did you come up with the idea of this journey?
3. How can you afford all of this?
4. How much money did you save?
5. Do you have medical insurance?
6. What did you do before this journey?
7. Why did you quit your jobs?
8. What do your families think about your journey?
9. Why did you leave your beautiful apartment?
10. Why did you quit residency in Switzerland?
11. What did you not like about the preparations?
12. What do you do all day?
13. How long have you been on the road now?
14. What did Sandro do while Gabs was doing her Yoga Teacher Training in Mexico?
15. How do you do laundry?
16. What about police and bribes?
17. How do you plan where to go next?
18. How was Burning Man?
19. Where do you sleep?
20. Did you ever get kicked out while wild camping?
21. What do you eat?
22. What do you do while driving?
23. How do you handle the phone and internet stuff?
24. Where do you feel the most comfortable?
25. What places make you stay longer than planned?
26. Do you think it’s important to speak Spanish to do this kind of trip?
27. Do you meet many other travellers?
28. Do you stop for hitchhikers?
29. Which are your most important resources?
30. Are there many insects or other creepy animals?
31. How do you manage to not drink alcohol every day?
32. What do you do in dangerous countries?
33. Do you get many visits from friends and family?
34. How are the road conditions?
35. Did anything get stolen?
36. How do you manage to stick to your budget?
37. How do you navigate?
38. What were your highlights until now?
39. How were your first days on the road?
40. How do you treat yourselves?
41. Do you ever get bored?
42. Did you ever get sick?
43. Are you planning to get pregnant?
44. Are you on birth control?
45. Sandro looks a lot thinner than a year ago – why and how?
46. Do you have routines?
47. What did visitors bring you from home?
48. Do you even know what day it is anymore?
Personal tips, tricks and hacks
49. How do you feel, compared to before embarking on this journey?
50. Which languages do you speak?
51. What makes you think?
52. Do you fight?
53. How did you two meet?
54. What’s the most hilarious experience you ever had?
55. What was the saddest experience?
56. Do you still have things to talk about?
57. Where do you get your courage from?
58. How do you stay clean?
59. Gabs, how do you handle your menstruation on the road?
60. When are you going to get married?
61. Is there anything you regret?
62. Which gift did you get and really like?
63. Were you ever scared?
64. How do you get in contact with people on the road?
65. Gabs, do you practice yoga everyday?
66. Sandro, what’s your plan with the music?
67. Any weird new habits?
68. Don’t you miss friends and family?
69. Why do you share so much on social media and don’t just travel?
70. What’s the best about living in a van?
71. What sucks?
72. How did you ship the van and how much did it cost?
73. What’s the story of your van?
74. Any breakdowns?
75. How did you decide it was the right vehicle for your journey?
76. What did the van cost?
77. Why VW?
78. Is the van insured?
79. Why do your plates look so funny?
80. Is 4WD crucial for the PanAmerican?
81. You’ve seen many overlanding vehicles by now – would you change something on yours?
82. What do you have to do regularly in the van?
83. How do you stay warm in cold places and cool in hot ones?
84. What’s the best gadget in your van?
85. What! But don’t you have a toilet in your van?
86. Are you going to sell your van when you’re done with travelling?
87. What electronic gadgets did you bring?
88. How do you keep your stuff save?
89. Isn’t it super cramped in the van?
90. Who drives?
91. How did you get those surfboards on the side of the van?
92. What have you never used this year?
93. Are you able to repair the van yourself?
94. When are you coming back?
95. Do you work on the road?
96. Is #vanlife a business model?
97. But did you ever get any offers on Instagram?
98. How did you earn your money until now?
99. Are you going back to your old jobs after all this?
100. What places are on your bucket list?
101. Bonus question: Anything else you wanted to say?
So, what are you waiting for?
Fill in the price that you feel is right and download the eBook now!
(You can also fill in 0.00$, so actually there’s really no reason to hesitate)
If you don’t like credit card and internet in the same sentence, or if you don’t use PayPal
and still want to support this eBook, we’re sure we’ll find a solution.
Just shoot us a message to email@example.com
The same goes if you’re having troubles with the download (please, if it doesn’t work on your phone then try it on your computer first) or want to share anything else.
We’re sitting here in this tiny beach town in Panama and can’t wait to read from you guys.